This is a breakfast dish. Served with Coconut chetney or sweet pickle.
- 4 cup Upit/Upma/Wheat Rava (Sujji/Semolina)
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander
- Grated carrot - ½ cup (Optional)
- ½ cup curds
- 1 tsp sugar
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and add water until everything is immersed. Mix and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Rava will soak and the batter thickens. If needed add more water so that the batter is easy to handle.
- Cooking Rawa Roti:
- Apply oil on hot thawa/griddle
- Scoop out a big spoon of batter over the griddle and spread.(See picture below)
- Cover and let it cook for couple of minutes or until the underside is cooked and golden.
- Turn it over and cook for couple of minutes more
- Repeat step a to d to make more Rotis