- 4 well ripped juicy mangoes
- Green chillies to your taste (2 or more)
- Jaggery/brown sugar – small piece/1 tsp
- For seasoning: Oil, Mustard, 1 red chili & curry leaves.
- Wash mangoes well. Peel the mango skin and save it separately with a cup of water added to it.
- In a think bottom vessel, put the peeled mangoes (along with the pit/seed), place it on the stove at medium-high heat.
- Squeeze juice from the skin and add the juice to the mangoes. Discard the skin/rind.
- Add slit green chili, salt and jiggery to the mangoes.
- Bring the mixture to boil and let it cook for ten more minutes until the mangoes are cooked.
- For seasoning: Heat oil, add mustard, red chili and curry leaves; Once mustard start to splatter, pour the mixture over the cooked mango gravy.
Enjoy warm delicious gravy with rice or chapati