Sunday, October 16, 2016
. Gasagase - 2 tbsp. [ Poppy seeds / Khus Khus]
. Badami/Almonds - 10 to 15
. Hallu/Milk ½ cup
. Kai Hallu / Coconut Milk - 2 cups
. Sakkare/Sugar - 3 tbsp (or according to taste) (Bella/Jaggary could be used instead)
. Ellaki/Cardamom/Elaichi pdr - from 2 pods
For seasoning and garnish:
. Badami Esallu/ Almond Slices
. Wanna Drakshi/Golden raisins (dry grapes)
. Thupa/Ghee - 2 tsp
1. Wash and soak poppy seeds and almonds separately for at least 4 hours.
2, Remove the almond skin and grind it in to paste along with soaked poppy seeds.
3. Heat the milk, as it comes to boil, mix almond/poppy paste. Let it boil for couple of minutes.
4. Stir-in coconut milk and sugar. Let it boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep stirring or else it will boil over.
5. Turn of the fire. Add Cardamom powder to the payasa and cover.
6. In a small seasoning pan, heat the ghee on low fire. Add almond slices and raisins. Once raisins puffs, turn off the heat and pour hot ghee. almonds and raisins over the payasa.
7. Garnish with Saffron and cover.
8. Serve warm or refrigerated(cold).
I prefer cold. Try this recipe and let me know. If you have different recipe, write it the comment below. Happy Cooking!!